Missouri Library Association 2021 Performers Showcase
All attendees of the MLA 2021 Conference (Sept 29th - Sept 30) will be invited to attend a Performer Showcase scheduled for Wednesday, September 29 from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (Performers will be scheduled 8-11:30 a.m. From 11:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m., attendees may visit performers’ tables to pick up information and ask questions). This is a great opportunity to present a short sneak preview of your program, distribute promotional materials and speak with librarians from around Missouri. The Performer Showcase Selection Committee will be looking for quality programming appropriate for children, teens, and/or families at a reasonable cost to the host libraries. Please note the following details about this showcase.
Due to time constraints and with the goal of providing a range of programming choices for our conference attendees, all applicants may not be scheduled to perform during the Showcase.
Each performer chosen will be given ten minutes, including set up and take down time, to perform for the conference attendees.
A print and online directory of performers will also be published; the print directory will be distributed to all conference attendees and the online directory will be available on the MLA website. The contents for both directories will be obtained from the information you provide in your Performer Showcase application; please be as complete and accurate as possible.
Performers will be provided with tables to display and distribute promotional materials.
- Performance Time, Info Table, Directory Ad and Link - $130 (Please understand that if you choose this registration type and are not selected to perform, you may still attend at the Table only level and will be refunded $30, or choose to not attend and may request a full refund.)
- Info Table, Directory Ad and Link - $100
- Directory Ad and Link - $60
- Link only - $30
Please understand that if you choose this registration type and are not selected to perform, you may still attend at the Table only level and will be refunded $30, or choose to not attend and may request a full refund.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 22, 2021
ACCEPTANCE NOTIFICATION: August 29, 2021
FEE PAYMENT DEADLINE: September 3, 2021
Your completed application must be submitted by August 22, 2021 to be considered for inclusion. Please note the following information regarding the application, invoices, and payment.
- This application will become a contract only upon electronic submission of this form, acceptance of your application by committee, and subsequent payment in full of all fees.
- The selection committee will notify all performers of their acceptance status by August 29, 2021.
- Placement in the showcase lineup will be considered secure only upon receipt of invoiced fees.
- Payment of fees will not be accepted after September 3, 2021. Cancellations made in writing and postmarked prior to September 3, 2021. . All cancellations are final.
Please feel free to e-mail if you have any questions. We look forward to another great Performer Showcase this year!
If you have questions, please contact:
Christy Schink firstname.lastname@example.org